Sign-up for Waste Management and Recycling News & Updates
Bulky Waste Pickup, by appointment only
Residents in our service area are entitled to one bulky waste pickup per calendar year at no charge. Pickup is limited to five (5) cubic yards, or a pile about 8’ x 4’ x 4’, which is about the size of a pickup truck bed loaded to the top of the cab. Larger piles are subject to additional charges. Additional pickups may be made by appointment for only $25 each.
Bulky Waste Acceptable and Unacceptable Items: (Brochure)
- E-Waste (TVs and computer monitors)*
- Universal Waste (household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs less than 4 feet, and cell phones)*
- Lawn/Tree/Shrub Trimmings
- Tires (no rims; maximum of 5)
Lumber, pipes, and trimmings shall not exceed FOUR inches in diameter and FIVE feet in length.
*Place these items to the side of your pile.
- Commercial Waste
- Dirt, Rocks, and Bricks
- Glass Panes
- Vehicle Batteries
- Household Garbage
- Hot Ashes
- Heavy Materials (like auto bodies, engines, etc.)
Hazardous Waste (like paint, oil, chemicals, etc.; this material may be dropped off at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility located at the North Area Recovery Station. Call 875-5555 for hours.)
One free 5 cubic yard appointment per-calendar-year; additional appointments charged at $25 per 5 cubic yards.
How to make an appointment for a Bulky Waste Pickup:
To make an appointment for Bulky Waste Pickup, complete the online form.
- Place materials out no more than 24 hours before pick-up
- Place in front of your property line and on same side of street
- Keep pile clear of other objects, including cars
- Do not block sidewalks and traffic
You can reach Customer Service by calling 916-875-5555, completing a Customer Service Online Form, or by sending an email to Customer Service Email. They can help you with cart delivery, replacement, repairs, exchanges, missed service, billing inquiries, etc.